Ohh you guys. This new year’s eve, let me tell you: it was a good one. I got dressed up in a sparkly dress, had dinner with Dustin then bar hopped around his neighborhood. We started across the street at Naked City Brewery where I had some apricot cider and Dustin had some beer. Then we headed across the street to the Pirate Bar where I got a ton of compliments on my dress (really, who doesn’t like to get complimented?) and had a wonderful time with my hot Dustin date. We had a drink there then decided to head upstairs to Dustin’s apartment right before midnight to have our own private champagne toast (that boy got us some Moet & Chandon champagne which was amazing), watch the space needle fireworks on TV and a few more random fireworks from his balcony, and of course have an awesome new year’s kiss – isn’t that the best part?
Dustin getting the champagne popped while I’m getting excited from all the alcohol and Party Rock Anthem and love and things:
After midnight, I insisted that we go across the street to the “Yen Won Garden” (it’s actually called Yen Wor Garden or something – Dustin kept correcting me – whatever, it’s forever Yen Won in my mind). This place is a Chinese restaurant, dive bar, karaoke funtime. I guess I have a thing for dive-y Chinese Restaurant bars? Anyway, I have been wanting to go there practically since Dustin moved into his apartment, and my wish finally came true on Saturday night (great way to start off the new year, right?).
When we walked in they were playing the "Party Rock Anthem” and I freaked out and forced Dustin to dance with me on the “dance floor” – no one else was dancing. Side note: I don’t really get my obsession with that song on NYE, I think it was something about how it was associated in my mind with tons of good 2011 memories? When we were done shuffling, I got another drink (obviously necessary) and insisted that Dustin and I sing karaoke. He was all, “um no.” I was all “YES WE’RE AT THE YEN WON GARDEN, WE HAVE TO!” Then he was like “It’s yen WOR, and I’m drunk, and you’re wearing a pretty dress and I like you, so sure” (I’m not sure if that’s really what he said, but in my mind he did). Then I was like, “I want to sing ‘Disturbia’ by Rihannah.” And he was like “do you know ALL THE WORDS?” And I was like, “YES! Of course, you! This was my JAM senior year of college.” And then before I knew it they were calling our names to sing in front of like 10 really classy people who were not amused, and I was shoving the microphone in Dustin’s face because, shocker, I did not know all the words. I was also laughing and dancing all over the stage and screaming “dum dum de dum!” It was so much fun, you guys. That’s the 100% truth!
After we “sang” our karaoke, we danced some more while other people sang, and the girl DJ/Karaoke master joined us for some dancing (and then there were three) and said we were awesome and then it was 2am and they were closing. After that Dustin and I went back to his apartment to drink more expensive champagne straight from the bottle (whoops, sorry) and stay awake until 6:30am.
The next day was a waste. We felt miserable, and then we ate some bacon and fried potatoes and later a whole pint of rocky road ice cream and a whole bag of popcorn and drank a lot of soda water with bitters and then we slept for 12 hours straight in an attempt to heal ourselves. The day after that was a waste too (besides the whole Ducks winning the Rose Bowl thing, which Dustin was SO happy about).
Overall, the weekend was really amazing.
Also Dustin, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry that I, in fact, did not know all the words to “Disturbia”, and I think you are the very best and also my most FAVORITE person for making my NYE so amazing (for the second year in a row), and for buying all of my drinks that night (and most nights), and my dinner too, and just for feeding me (all the time) in general. Oh, and also thank you for putting up with all of my crazy nonsense all the time. I have muches of loves for you, favorite boy.
And that was it, guys!
I hope you all had wonderful new year’s eves and midnight kisses and new year’s days too!
P.S. this year I’m resolving to take better care of my skin. I failed at washing my face on the first day of the year because of the hangover. But hey, that only leaves room for improvement, right? Right.
2 comments:
Glad you had so much fun! Your NYE looks like a blast. I love that you "stayed awake" until 6:30. ahem. Girl, please. ; )
I am going to number the rest of this comment:
1. You are hawt. That dress was awesome and you should wear it every day. You looked fantastic!
2. I love that Dustin has his own tag on your blog.
3. I listened to the video and when you yelled "HAPPY NEW YEAR" my cat woke up and ran from the room. bahahahaha.
4. SINGING AND DANCING IS THE BEST. Yay for you two for being little social butterflies.
5. Boo, hangovers. But, sounds like it was worth it!
I am glad your 2012 started awesome. Seriously you two, stop being adorable. (p.s. hiiii, dustin. I know you must read these.) : )
Happy New Year!
That dress = AWESOME!
Post a Comment