Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Columbia River Fun

Yesterday was my last scheduled day of work at Ground.

While I was at work a got a random text saying “wakeboard boat tonight at 4”. So clearly I responded “I don’t get off work until 5. Also, who is this?” Turns out it was my friend Laura who owns the British Pub in Hood River (AKA our fav hang out), and she said it was no problem and they could bring the boat back in at 5:45 to pick me up. Score!!

After work I hurried home to change into my bikini then headed down to the marina. When I got there, a boat full of people I didn’t really know were waiting for me – only in Hood River would I do something like this. So I get on the boat and we head out onto the river. It’s me, Laura from the pub, some girls in town from Lithuania, a girl in town for the summer who bartends at the Pub (Jessie), some girl named Rachel, Greg’s old roommate (Jobi), the guy who owns the boat (Jason, who I’m apparently FB friends with), some dentist guy and some other guys. While I knew who a few of the people were, I didn’t really know anyone well. Clearly I make good life choices. Whatever, you’re only young once.

When we got to the river, the wake boarding and wake surfing started. It was so so cool to watch. I’ve decided that guys who are really good at water sports are really attractive. Boom! Maybe I can kiss a water-sport-boy? (if you follow me on twitter you understand). Anyway, I didn’t do any of the activities because I can’t swim (awkward, right?) and everyone else doing them clearly knew what they were doing (I didn’t want the boat to have to keep stopping and coming back for me freaking out in the water), so I just sipped on some PBR and enjoyed the water and watching people be sexual and the loud LMFAO pandora station music we were blasting. I wish I would have brought my camera! Fail.

Then it got dark, and we shut off the boat in the middle of the river and had an epic dance party for at least an hour, in the dark, in the middle of the river, before heading back in.

It was definitely good times.

Then I did something I’m not proud of: I went to the Pub in my river clothes and with my river hair. I promised myself I would never be that girl. Gross. Good thing we were the only ones there. I stayed for just a few minutes before going home to hang with Fluffy and go to sleep.

Then today I met my friend Marissa and her daughter, Zara at the river for some beach fun. I’m loving Hood River Summer Unemployment. I don’t want to start school again on Monday.

DSCN0995

So for now I leave you with this picture I snapped from the waterfront park beach (HOW did I not capture any SUPers or windsurfers? So confused). Don’t you wish you were enjoying some Hood River Summer Unemployment with me?

1 comment:

Legally Lovely said...

Whoa, I am jealous of your crazy river adventures! It sounds like you are having such a blast; I'm sure that'll make it hard to get back to school. BOOOOO. Hood River seems like so much fun. By the way, I passed a UHaul trailer the other day, and I SWEAR it said "Hood River" on the side. Is that weird? Is UHaul from out there, or are there other Hood Rivers? haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...