Monday, June 13, 2011

Camano Island Adventure Day

Saturday started out lazy. I read my book and Dustin watched cartoons in the morning. And we drank coffee. Coffee is so necessary. At around 1 he suggested that we get out and go do something, but we didn’t know what. So he decided that we should just drive north until we found something to do. We ended up driving to Camano Island and following the signs for the state parks out there.

After getting a little lost (luckily it was a really nice day for a drive once we got out of Seattle) we finally arrived at Cama beach. We parked and walked down the steep hill to the Sound. There were a bunch of cabins and stuff down there on the beach – it looked like a really cool place to spend a weekend in the summer. We researched it and the cabins are basically 14X11’ glorified tents with bunk beds in them! You bring your own pots and pans and bedding and there is a big communal bathroom in the middle of it all! It sounds like it would be fun!

DSCN0468 DSCN0470

Luckily Dustin is a thinker and when we stopped for gas earlier he had gone in the store and bought snacks + 2 Miller Highlife tallboys – they’re the champagne of beer, guys! We’re classy! So we picnicked on the beach with our snacks and shared one of the beers. The beach wasn’t very big (in terms of area from the water to the non-sand part) but it was full of rocks and millions of shell pieces! There are crazy amounts of clam and crab shells everywhere. Then we skipped rocks. Or I should say that he skipped rocks and I just threw rocks into the water b/c apparently I have no skills. But it was so sunny and wonderful down there I didn’t even care.

DSCN0472 DSCN0471

 

After that we walked back up the big hill, hopped in the car and headed to the other state park where we stopped for a photo op and drove around the camp sites – another potential weekend trip!

DSCN0476 DSCN0477

Then we decided to head back down south. But first we stopped at Dairy Queen for a blizzard and french fries. Both were oddly disappointing. How can you screw that up? Freezerburned ice cream and soggy, cold fries is how! Dustin blamed poor management. I blamed people sucking at life! Get it together, Stanwood DQ!

On the way back to Seattle we stopped at the Tulalip outlet stores for a little shopping. While we were there we stopped into the Vans store and said hi to Sean Stuart, who I just love! It was good to see him like TWICE in one week after not seeing him for a year and a half (rude). Then Dustin bought some super fly shirts at J Crew and some undies at Calvin Klein. I unfortunately didn’t find anything good. Boo! At least he’ll look good.

Then we went to the liquor store, because cheap rez liquor is where it’s at!

After that we made our way back to Seattle and went to a BBQ at Dustin’s friend Greg’s new place. There was some delicious salmon and some beers and Doritos (that’s totally a vegetable) other friends and that was good too.

After that we went back to Dustin’s apartment and laid on a fuzzy blanket on the floor and drank wine from the bottle, because as I said before, we’re classy. Then I was drunk and wanted a burrito to go with my SNL, so Dustin made me one from the freezer because he is the best, and it was delicious, and then I passed out.

It was a really wonderful day.

Sunday I had to drive back to the Pendleton area, AKA the REZ!! But first Dustin convinced me to go to Fred Meyer and we got me a new iTrip (or he did – thanks, you) so I can have music on my very long and awful drives. Pandora makes things to much better! He then dropped me off at my Seattle casa, I quickly packed then got in my car and left for Pendleton. But not before bursting into sobbing tears while exiting onto the freeway. I was NOT looking forward to going back. I was surprised that I held the tears in for that long. Ha. I’m such a baby with the strongest emotions all the time. It’s kind of awful sometimes. Luckily the drive back here didn’t seem as long as it sometimes can and before I knew it I was coming to a stop at the gym for a quick workout before heading back to the trailer. I’m going to have to thank my tunes for that one! Also maybe I’m just getting more used to it? But probably my music was most helpful.

And then today I worked.

Things are finally starting to get busy. I have 4 REAL clients this week. And next Tuesday my supervisor is coming down here and we’re doing will executions. Exciting exciting! I’m going to be a busy bee this week, but it should be awesome. I’m excited! It definitely wasn’t worth crying over haha!

DSCN0473

1 comment:

Abby said...

That looks like so much fun! I love little random day trips with friends and boyfriends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...