Wednesday, June 8, 2011

the creepiest client

I've been kind of debating whether to post about this or not, but I basically just sent this in e-mail form to my friend Julia who is doing the same internship up in Puyallup, so here goes:


story of the creepiest client:


So yesterday this guy comes in to see me after having seen my picture and a write up in the Umatilla tribal newspaper and when he gets here I take him into a conference room for confidentiality purposes and I quickly see that really he needs like nothing done on his existing will (WTF creeper). He seemed nice enough but things started to get awkward real fast. Like I said, he didn't really have anything he wanted me to do for him except change this one designation on his separate writing gift list because the person he was gifting this truck to passed away a while back. I'm pretty sure he could have just changed that one on his own because of the separate nature of the piece of paper, but I was trying to be nice and he was my first client all week so whatever I guess. I figured that at least I'd have something to do for a few hours. Anyway, after he tells me about his beneficiary change he tries talking to me for a really long time about non-will-related-things, and is kind of getting flirty (did I mention that he is like 50ish years old, ewe. I feel like this is old enough to be really creeped out but not old enough to brush off and blame on his being senile, which eh was not). 


Then proximity to work came up and I was like oh yeah I live pretty close which is really nice... and he was like I bet you live in the trailer park, in uhhhh the 2nd trailer in on the left. WTF?!?! OMG! HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE! So I was like oh haha, that's funny trying to brush it off because at this point I'm totally creeped out. 


Then he proceeds to try and tell me that I seem tired and like I need coffee and then he says something about how we should go get coffee. I just pretended to not hear him and laugh awkwardly. 


Then he started talking about what a bitch his daughter is and asking me if I'm nice to my dad. I'm obviously feeling pretty awkward at this point and try to wrap things up by asking him if there is anything else I can do for him, THEN he awkwardly goes (in a super creepy way) yeah I have something else you can do for me and then mumbles something. WHAT THE HELL?!


So now I'm trying to figure out if I tell my supervisor or not (my supervisor is an older gentleman who is so nice and wonderful and who used to live here for years but I feel like that's kind of an awkward thing to tell him). Because I don't want to seem like I can't handle my own. And also I thought about the fact that maybe I misinterpreted him and if I did and I told on him that would be really bad for me and for the program. 


I'm thinking maybe I'll just wait until my supervisor gets here to execute documents, I'll have Mr. Creeper come in and sign in the presence of my advisor then then I'll be done with him. Unless he comes to my trailer and snatches me up in the night, "ROOM" style. FML.


UPDATE: 


Thank you all, lovely friends for your comments. After reading them (and working on creeper's documents and learning about his gun collection (FML)) I decided that I most definitely needed to let my supervisor know what was going on. He just got a long, crazy girl e-mail, I'm sure he's excited haha! I heart you all!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I definitely think you should tell your supervisor. If he knows where you live that's pretty creepy and could be unsafe. So I say tell him.

I had a similar situation a few years ago when I was working a law firm except it wasn't a client but one of the attorneys. I chose not to tell my supervisor and he was furious when he found out. He was also upset by the fact that I didn't tell him.

SGRMSE. said...

yes, TELL YOUR SUPERVISOR. and please take extra care when going home from work. you'd never know what he's capable of and with these kinda things it's always just better to be safe.

Abby said...

WOAH, that is creepy! I understand why you would hesitate but I would prolly tell my supervisor. Ick!

Clinically Awesome said...

Yeah, fuck that noise. You need to protect yourself. That dude shouldn't know where you live. Sleep with a gun friendo :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...