Yesterday I drove from Seattle to Hood River. My first stop was at 5th Element Salon to see Kalyn and get my hair cut. I cut off like 6" of it! EEK! It was down to the small of my back and now it's about armpit length I'm not going to lie and say I didn't feel any haircut regret after a few drinks last night, but for the most part I'm loving it!
After that I headed to Parts+Labor which is a super cute clothing store where my friend Marissa works. My friend Sean's band was playing an acoustic show there for First Friday and the ladies at Parts + Labor were serving up some delicious free blueberry vodka drinks (can't say no to live music and free booze, right?). I was super excited to see Sean, he moved from Hood River about the time I started law school and I haven't seen him since, so it was good to reconnect with an old friend.
Later that night we decided to stop back by Parts + Labor for a free pre-funk drink with Marissa's co-worker, who was just finishing up her closing duties, and a photo opp before heading to the pub (which was crazy packed with all my favorite people - and Sean's band playing more music).
We had a few drinks at the Pub and chatted with everyone who was out and about. It was even nice enough for us to sit outside, which is always awesome! I love Friday nights in Hood River during the Summer. They are seriously the best.
Then around 12:30 we decided it was time to head to Jack's for some classy dance time. NOTE: for those of you who don't know, Jack's is a Chinese restaurant turned sketchy dance club on weekend nights. It's very dive and seedy and it's the place you go at the end of the night to dance until they turn on the lights at 2am. I'm not going to lie, we were definitely there when they turned on the lights last night. Ha. It was SO much fun though, we danced it up!
Nights out with Beth and Marissa are always so much fun! Tonight we're going to do round two for Marissa's birthday! She's having a black-and-white theme party that's going to start with dinner at Brian's Pourhouse. I'm so excited! It should be a good time. But now I think it's time to get outside and enjoy a little of this sunny 80degree weather (SO excited) and give my little Fluffy some lovin'.
1 comment:
Sounds fun! And those drinks sound amazing, so awesome that you got them for free!!
Post a Comment