Monday, June 27, 2011

Portland Trip

On Friday after Dustin got off work he came and picked me up at my Seattle home where Erin was having people over for her birthday and we drove to Portland. The reason for this late night Portland trip was to take Dustin's cat (Battle Cat) to his friend Pickle's house. Dustin left for Des Moines yesterday on this work trip that is taking over his week, then basically the day he gets back he is going on vacation for a little over a week and won't be around to feed/love Battle Cat. So Pickle is babysitting. That's what BFFs are for, right?

We didn't get to Portland until around midnight, so we didn't end up doing anything on Friday night. Saturday morning though, we got up and got ready and the three of us went on a "nature hike" to breakfast. I had some tomato/avocado eggs Benedict and coffee and it was good. After that we "hiked" back to Pickle's house then decided to go to the mall (Washington Square Mall is crazy close to Pickle's house, who knew?). After the boys did some shopping at Macy's (with my expert help, of course:) and I got some starbucks (so necessary) we went to Nordstrom's. They were having a sale on boy things and we picked out some awesome 7 For All Mankind jeans for Dustin (nice, darkwash jeans = so necessary for boys, and also these super nice jeans were a first for him, YAY so exciting). Then we did something a little vom worthy, but not totally on purpose:  

His & Hers Sperry Top Siders
He needed new summer shoes and I've been wanting a pair of Sperry's for-everrrrr. Also I figured that if I bought them in Oregon, where there is no sale's tax, I would basically be saving money. Right? Right. Don't judge me. So after feeling totally jealous that the boys bought stuff and I hadn't yet (minus my dirty chai and Pickle's Iced Mocha, nom) I needed to buy myself some new shoes. And I'm basically in love.

Also my boyfriend is going to look GOOD this summer (jealous? ha). 

And just because I'm so super nice, here is a pic of the sunset from the hill by my Pendleton trailerpark trailer as I was driving home from the gym last night: 


Now it's time to finish up my day at the office then head to the gym, to Safeway and to wash my car (it's happening today, I decided, it NEEDS to happen today). In what order? I'm not sure yet. 

I hope the rest of your day is wonderful, friends! 

1 comment:

Legally Lovely said...

You always sound like you have so much fun bopping around out West! :) I love that you and the BF have matching shoes. Everyone wears Sperrys, so it's okay! Hope you had a great start to your week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...