Monday, May 23, 2011

a day of firsts

 

Today I started my “big girl job.” I woke up late (oops), got ready quickly, saw it was raining then decided to drive the 1/2 mile to the governance center. I first went up to the Legal Department where I introduced myself and put down my stuff. It wasn’t long before I was moved to a new area and a new cubical. And left there. There weren’t very many people around but there was some pretty inappropriate office music playing from a nearby cubical (at one point baw with the baw by kid rock came on, if that is any indication).  I sat at my cubical quietly working until about noon when I finally decided to run home and quickly eat (I was so starving at that point). I came back to my cubical and tried to find things to do until 4 when I was finally off work.

But, the things I got done today were mostly: sent about a million e-mails, edited documents, talked to one woman about writing her will, met some of the people working around me, researched, made some fliers etc. I hope I get some real clients soon.

It was raining so I couldn’t really take a picture outside, but here is my first day of work outfit (I bought it especially for today):

Shirt and skirt: H&M
Flats: Steve MaddenDSCN0416

After work I decided to (a) take a nap then (b) drive into Pendleton to check things out (mainly downtown which I hadn’t been to yet) and make a wal mart trip round two. Downtown reminded a little of downtown the Dalles. Or something. It actually wasn’t too bad, but most everything was closed. I’m looking forward to hitting up the Pendleton Wollen Mills and store, and some book stores while I’m here.

Here is a picture I took from i84 driving into Pendleton yesterday (big city haha):DSCN0410

When I drove into town I spotted the Rainbow. A bar/cafe I had heard good things about from a few different people. I decided to stop in for a beer. This is the first time I have EVER gone to a bar by myself (minus the bar at Brian’s Pourhouse but that is only b/c I worked there and all my friends were working so it wasn’t really like I went there alone). Anyway, I snapped this picture then walked inside:

DSCN0421

When I walked inside everyone stared at me. One guy greeted me with a HUGE hello and I sat at the bar. The super friendly guy then asked me if I would marry him. What? I then ordered a bud light. The friendly and very drunk man and his very drunk friends then decided that they should be best friends with me. It was nice having some people to talk to even if they were kind of trashy and drunk. I chatted with randoms for a while, was totally the most popular girl at the bar (new girl, right?) and made friends with the bartender (he was a really nice older man who totally warned me about the crazies at the bar and told me the other cool bars in town, as well as the ones I should avoid). Finally the drunkies left and I finished my beer and got ready to leave. The bartender gave me his number in case I got into any trouble and then as I was walking out a nice older man said that he overheard that I was new in town too and started talking to me about how he is also here contracted working for the new casino the tribe is building. So many new friendz.

I finally got out of the rainbow, went to wal mart and now I’m at home. So tired. I’m waiting for a phone call for Dustin, then it’s bedtime. More stories to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...