Sunday, May 8, 2011

today is mother's day

Today I've been feeling so emo (like black heart, write poems in the park status) ha, silly finals making me feel awful about life. Good thing I was able to take a mid-day-break to offset my emo-ness. I took a nice, long walk with Dustin. We walked down Greenwood Ave which then turned into Phinney Ave. We window shopped and held hands and it was nice. On the way back we stopped at a little wine bar called In the Red. It was the only place along our walk not jam packed with moms and their families. I had a glass of Sawbuck Malbec, Dustin had a beer and we split some tiramisu. Nom.

Also, today I tried to be a good daughter and I called my mom, because, you know, it's mother's day. Our conversation:

Me: Hiii mom, happy mother's day
Mom: Hi honey, how's-- What?! How?! FLUFFY!
Mom: Jerry, do you see this? How's he get in here?
Me: what?
Mom a few moments later: ohh apparently Fluffy hopped in the house through Jim's open window. I saw snack looking all grumpy and then noticed that Fluffy was sitting in the room too.

I have the silliest kitty! He would! That definitely also made my day a little happier. I can't wait to see him again. So anyway, happy mother's day to all you moms out there - new, expectant and old (and also to everyone who has a mom). I hope everyone has had a wonderful day!

Update:

I just realized this post is pretty lame (I'm sorry, friendz). So I'm offering you this an an apology, because who doesn't like a cute animal video?


It makes me LOL every time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...